Monday 6 March 2023

Jet Provost - Strikemaster

 A fascinating book, a great Airfix kit and another enjoyable Hunting Jet Provost build. 

I find Roland White’s books brilliant in sharing stories of historical military action which are simply jaw dropping. Storm Front is an extraordinary tale of a secret war during the early 1970s involving RAF pilots and the SAS fighting in support of the Sultan of Oman against an enemy with weapons and training from China and the Soviet Union. 

I’ve finished this Jet Provost as one of the RAF flown Strikemasters in the colours of the SOAF. I had intended it to carry a set of rockets, but Airfix have supplied such short undercarriage  legs that no ordinance can be hung beneath its wings.  I did however leave stubs giving the impression that rockets and bombs could have been carried.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Ice Cold In Alex "Katy"

My third Airfix Austin K2 Ambulance build, I just love this kit. This one is inspired by the 1950s classic book and film “Ice Cold In Alex”....