Friday 24 March 2023

Junkers Ju-52

Heller’s Junkers Ju-52/3M in its “Where Eagle’s Dare” or as Heller would have it, Blindflugschule 3’s 1941 camouflage. 


Interestingly, Blindflugschule means ‘Blind Flying School’ which, as far as I can make out, is where Luftwaffe night fighter pilots learned their craft. So, whether they actually used the Ju-52 to train in or it was just the ‘bus’ to transport them to and from the school, I’ve not yet managed to find out.

Anyway, this Heller kit has been a challenging one but, I hope you’ll concur, I managed to get the better of it in the end. 

The base white was airbrushed using AMMO by Mig Jimenez primer and the green was hand painted with Hataka’s WW2 Luftwaffe range. 

Heller would not rate as one of my favourite kit providers but when you want to build an unusual model, like that other interesting kit producer AZ, they rarely disappoint

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Ice Cold In Alex "Katy"

My third Airfix Austin K2 Ambulance build, I just love this kit. This one is inspired by the 1950s classic book and film “Ice Cold In Alex”....