Thursday 16 February 2023

Focke Wulf Ta152

Back after a long day ‘shopping’ at the Bovington model show, one of my purchases,  this Revell Ta 152, rolled off the bench yesterday. 

It’s a very simple kit, formed using Frog’s 1960s moulding, so detailing is minimal to say the least. Decals were beautiful and plentiful, though a little brittle. The red and gold band, for instance, was left on the backing paper, painting being a far better option to laying a mosaic of decal pieces! 


Built out of the box, sticking to the suggested scheme, I finished the kit in what I find to be a most unusual brown and green camouflage. Not sure I like it as much as the greys I normally associate with the Luftwaffe but I guess fighting over Germany, as this aircraft would have been, the colours fit well.

I find the biggest enjoyment in finishing a kit, after I’ve photographed it and flown it around the room a few times, is opening the stash boxes to work out what to make next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Ice Cold In Alex "Katy"

My third Airfix Austin K2 Ambulance build, I just love this kit. This one is inspired by the 1950s classic book and film “Ice Cold In Alex”....