Friday 10 February 2023

Fw190A-8

Here’s my other Airfix 1:72 scale Focke-Wulf Fw 190 A-8. It’s the one that I rescued from the bin … I thought I’d give it another go.

I’ve finished this one as Airfix intended, in the colours of Fw 190A-8 ‘Weisse 3’, flown by Martin Ullmann of the ‘Eismeergeschwader’ (Arctic Sea Fighter Wing) JG5. 


Based on the Norwegian island of Herdla, near Bergen, JG5 was formed to provide air cover over the sea lanes of the Arctic Ocean and German naval bases in Norway, against British Coastal Command Beaufighter and Mosquito aircraft.



I love the detail on this kit but it was a pig to build. Having persevered and seeing it complete, I wonder now what all the angst was about!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Ice Cold In Alex "Katy"

My third Airfix Austin K2 Ambulance build, I just love this kit. This one is inspired by the 1950s classic book and film “Ice Cold In Alex”....