Monday 26 July 2021

Hawker Demon

Just completed my build of the Airfix Hawker Demon which is an interesting small kit from their Classic range


I was interested to learn that the Hawker Demon was a two-seat fighter derivative of the Hawker Hart day bomber which was brought into service in 1933 after it was found, to the concern of the RAF, that their single seat fighters of the day, such as the Bristol Buldog, were unable to match the speed nor intercept the Hart!


This Airfix Hawker Demon is built as K4500 of No.604 Squadron in the pre-Munich overall aluminium dope finish and the Squadron’s red and yellow triangular markings. Post Munich they received a camouflage finish which I may have to have a go at some time.


This is also my first ever rigging of a biplane using stretched sprue. 


I hope you think it was worth the effort

----

The Kit

Brand: Airfix
Title: Hawker Demon Vintage Classics
Number: A01052V
Scale: 1:72 
Type: Full kit 
Released: 2019 | Rebox (Changed decals)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Ice Cold In Alex "Katy"

My third Airfix Austin K2 Ambulance build, I just love this kit. This one is inspired by the 1950s classic book and film “Ice Cold In Alex”....