Monday 4 October 2021

M1070 & M1000 W/D9R Tank Transporter with Bulldozer

Trying to decide what model to make next and with 32 kits in my stash at the moment 🤦‍♂️ it’s feeling quite a challenge! 

Last year I bought a bulldozer for a diorama but then never used it. When I say a bulldozer, it was Takom’s rather detailed M1070 & M1000 W/D9R Tank Transporter with Bulldozer. I made the latter and then put is back in the box which is where it has been for a good 12 months. I’m thinking now may be the time to finish it off. 🤷‍♂️

Decision made and after a full on modelling afternoon, I found I’d made very slow progress, compared to my traditional kits. The detail in this Tacom 1:72 scale M1070 chassis is mind blowing for such a small scale kit 😵‍💫

After 10 days my US 70 Ton Tank Transporter w/ Bulldozer kit is complete. I decided to finish it in the colours of a Transportation Unit during Operation Iraqi Freedom stationed at Camp Buehing, Kuwait in April 2003 and although I tried to go a little easy on the weathering, I found it hard to scale back 🤦‍♂️

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Ice Cold In Alex "Katy"

My third Airfix Austin K2 Ambulance build, I just love this kit. This one is inspired by the 1950s classic book and film “Ice Cold In Alex”....