Wednesday 22 May 2024

Marder I

Next on the bench is an AFV I’ve never previously heard of. It’s a 1:35 scale Marder I by Revell, a few of which made an appearance in Normandy following D-Day 1944. 


I picked this up on my recent East of England tour from Trains4U in Peterborough. 


I’ve approached this build totally different from any other of my previous AFV models. I’ve decided to do no pre painting! 

Having completed the construction, I proceeded with my usual black primer. Then I built up the tri-tone camouflage. I always think it looks quite awful at this stage but knowing that the application of oils will harmonise the colours, I can’t wait to move on to this stage.  


Work in progress on the Marder. I couldn’t resist adding a bit of camouflage netting and have found a couple of figures to bring the scene to life. I’m not sure that officer will last long putting his head that far above the parapet! 

I just need to give the figures some paint and dust weathering to the Marder.

I’ve finished this with Vallejo paints, Abteilung502 oils, AmmoMig Europe Dust and Liquid Pigments Rust Wizard, and added home made camouflage netting with figures depicting a German SPG Crew member from MiniArt and a rather brave officer from 3DGizmo.





This is Revell’s 1/35 scale Marder I, with a 7.5cm Pa.K. 40, of Sturmgeschütz-Abteilung 200 Art.Rgt.Stab z.b.V-931 based in Normandy, France on D-Day, 6th June 1944. One of the most unusual AFVs I’ve come across, not to mention built!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Ice Cold In Alex "Katy"

My third Airfix Austin K2 Ambulance build, I just love this kit. This one is inspired by the 1950s classic book and film “Ice Cold In Alex”....