Sunday 17 July 2022

Spitfire HF Mk VI

Finished a ‘simple build’ today of the 1:72 scale AZ Model Spitfire HF Mk VI which was one of the bargain kits I picked up at last Sunday’s show. I was in need of something simple to pass the time while I considered what after market bits, if any, to acquire for a Lancaster I also have on the workbench. 

This is the very unusual, long winged high altitude Spitfire, which I finished in the colours of P/O C.B.Brown’s aircraft of 616 Squadron, RAF Kingscliffe, May 1942. 

In building this kit, I made 3 frustrating mistakes … 

1. Attempting to hand paint acrylics in a heatwave!

2. Not researching a better kit to meet my ‘simple build’ criteria, as this was really quite painful!

3. Choosing to buy this kit in the first place!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Ice Cold In Alex "Katy"

My third Airfix Austin K2 Ambulance build, I just love this kit. This one is inspired by the 1950s classic book and film “Ice Cold In Alex”....