Tuesday 17 May 2022

Panzer V Panther Ausf A

I was given this Tamiya Panzer V Panther Ausf A as a birthday gift over a year ago, but you know how it is, when you have an extensive stash, the forward looking build calendar is full for some considerable time!

This is only my second venture into 1:35 scale AFVs, and although a 1960s mould, was great fun to build. I’ve also tried out a number of new weathering techniques, something which I’m discovering has many new opportunities in this scale. 

I’ve completed this Panther in the colours of a tank which may have served with the 2nd SS Panzer Division Das Reich during the 1944 Normandy campaign and a larger version of the 1:72 ‘mini me’ tanks I built for my Pegasus Bridge epic last year. I hope you like it  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Ice Cold In Alex "Katy"

My third Airfix Austin K2 Ambulance build, I just love this kit. This one is inspired by the 1950s classic book and film “Ice Cold In Alex”....