Friday 18 March 2022

Sukhoi Su-27 Flanker

 My Ukrainian Air Force Sukhoi Su-27 Flanker ‘08’ is complete. 

I have taken this 2004 Airfix 1:72 scale kit of the Sukhoi Su-27 Flanker and replaced its Russian supplied markings with those of the Ukrainian Air Force. 


I painted the unusual blue camoflage by hand in a scheme in use by the Ukrainian airforce from the mid 1990s and before the current pixelated camouflage was introduced. 

In 1991, Ukraine retained 67 x Su-27 when USSR collapsed. Aircraft ’08’ flew from Belbek AB, Sevastopol, Crimea in 1995. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Ice Cold In Alex "Katy"

My third Airfix Austin K2 Ambulance build, I just love this kit. This one is inspired by the 1950s classic book and film “Ice Cold In Alex”....