Tuesday 17 August 2021

A Year's Scale Modelling Diorama

It's been a year now since I removed my old Scalextric track in the loft from its baseboard so as to showcase some of my 'lockdown' builds, and having now completed my latest diorama, the RAF Airfield from Autumn 1943, I can't believe I have finally run out of space! ðŸ¤¦‍♂️





It has been suggested that there may be opportunities to display one or two of these at model shows etc, but how I not only cut them into their respective scenes, let alone bring them down from the loft, is somewhat perplexing me! 🤷‍♂️


I have, however, seen some folk building smaller dioramas, which I understand are called vignettes, using old picture frames, such that I may now have to do a tour of the house to see which pictures I can repurpose!🤭😂

Suggestions welcomed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Ice Cold In Alex "Katy"

My third Airfix Austin K2 Ambulance build, I just love this kit. This one is inspired by the 1950s classic book and film “Ice Cold In Alex”....