Friday 21 June 2024

Dogfight Double - Me109 v Beaufighter

 Phew, this charity shop acquisition of Airfix A50037 1:72 scale Dogfight Doubles is finally complete.

This 2008 reissued set contains a 1973 moulding of a Messerschmitt Bf109G and a 1958 moulded Bristol Beaufighter TF.X. and without exception they are showing their age. 


I’ve finished the pair with brush using the provided pots of acrylic paint.  The Beaufighter is in the colours of 404 squadron Royal Canadian Airforce based at Wick in 1944 and the Bf109G as JG53 “Pik As” based in Sicily 1943. The likelihood that these would have, therefore, met in a dogfight is so unlikely to say the least. 

Being without doubt the worst kits and finish of any I’ve completed in quite some time, I fear for their future. I foresee a dusting disaster on the horizon!

Now back to the P-38 Lightening which has been patiently awaiting a return to the bench! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Ice Cold In Alex "Katy"

My third Airfix Austin K2 Ambulance build, I just love this kit. This one is inspired by the 1950s classic book and film “Ice Cold In Alex”....