Monday 26 September 2022

Austin K2/Y Ambulance

My build of this Airfix 1:35 Austin K2/Y Ambulance is done. The final piece in this construction was the addition of the ATS driver from D-Day Miniature Studio. The intention was to use this figure to depict Princess Elizabeth at the wheel but it failed to hit the mark, except when viewed from a distance! 

I made the mistake of not installing Elizabeth before fitting the dash as squeezing her into the cab was equivalent to performing keyhole surgery. I ended up having to cut and reposition the steering wheel and add a seat cushion to hide her unknown ability to levitate! All this effort was somewhat wasted on a D-Day Miniature’s moulding of a startled looking lady with unnaturally fitting limbs! 😢



Anyway … despite my modelling challenges this is my tribute to this amazing woman and monarch 🥰


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Ice Cold In Alex "Katy"

My third Airfix Austin K2 Ambulance build, I just love this kit. This one is inspired by the 1950s classic book and film “Ice Cold In Alex”....